Saturday 26 September 2009

Model-Glue - one of ColdFusion frameworks

I am out of job, I came to know this on 22nd of July 09, I was expecting this would happen from few weeks as Markus (CEO of Emojo) was kept mentioning it in our project meetings that co is facing hard challenges in this recession time for getting money from clients which was over due. Even on one day we worked over night to finish one promise which co made to one client and we worked approx. 28 hrs. staying over night. But that didn't help to change the fate of the co.

I am using this time to learn few new things and brush-up some things which I wasn't using from a while, one of the new things I wanted to learn from a while was MODEL-GLUE framework and now it is coupled with ColdSpring which was another thing I wanted to learn. During this journey I have come across few good articles/ tutorials, which I would like to mention here and share with others.

1) Tutorial from Dan Wilson, which is very helpful if you want to learn Model-Glue, I would like to thank Dan about this tutorial. Here is the link to his series:

Dan's Model-Glue Tutorial

2) A series from Raymond Camden about learning Model-Glue, Ray is very talented and knowledgeable person and on top of that he is very kind and helpful and always willing to help other developers by sharing his knowledge and experience. This series is quite old (written in early 2006) but still it helped me to get on with Model-Glue. I will try to write the changes which I had to make in line with latest version of Model-Glue.

Here are the links to his series, I find it very difficult to get a list of his series and decided to put them here.

Building your first Model-Glue application - part 1

Building your first Model-Glue application - Part 2

Building your first Model-Glue application - Part 3

Building your first Model-Glue application - Part 4

Building your first Model-Glue application - Part 5

Building your first Model-Glue application - Part 6

Building your first Model-Glue application - Part 7

Building your first Model-Glue application - Part 8

Building your first Model-Glue application - Part 9

Building your first Model-Glue application - Part 10

Final notes from Ray

I wrote this one before finishing the complete series, I am a huge fan of Ray and big thanks to him for helping the comunity.

No comments: